The Creating and Maintaining Ethical Boundaries in Client Relationships webinar will provide participants with an overview of various professional boundaries that are important when doing ethical, caring work as Settlement Workers and Settlement Language Instructors. This webinar will also highlight the importance of boundaries and provide approaches to create, implement and maintain them in your client relationships.
Topics discussed in this webinar include:
- Define professional ethics and boundaries
- Explore various types of professional boundaries
- Identify the purpose and benefits of setting ethical boundaries in client relationships
- Learn some of the common boundary issues or challenges that can lead to ethical dilemmas when serving clients (for example, personal disclosure, client-staff relationships, dual relationships, gift-giving/receiving, physical contact, etc.)
- Reflect on unique boundary challenges when supporting clients in smaller and/or rural communities
- Understand the role of personal and professional values on creating ethical boundaries
- Consider various approaches to creating, implementing and maintaining ethical boundaries
To watch the video, click here.