AMSSA facilitates collaborative leadership, knowledge exchange and stakeholder engagement to support agencies that serve immigrants and newcomers and build culturally inclusive communities.
The following are benefits of membership to AMSSA:
- Support the growth and development of the newcomer-serving sector by contributing to a strong and unified perspective that promotes diversity and inclusion in BC;
- Engage with a province-wide network of immigrant and newcomer serving organizations and professionals to share your best practices, communication strategies, emerging issues and trends across BC and Canada;
- Support and access up-to-date resources on important issues facing newcomers in Canada, BC and its communities through member-only communications on the latest news and opportunities from organizations and government;
- Access to professional development or training opportunities at a reduced or free cost and opportunities exclusively for members including webinars, meetings, and dialogues which address knowledge gaps identified by our members;
- Recent member-only events include a live discussion with an employment lawyer and presentations on the new BC Lobbying Act;
- Access to AMSSA’s Diversity and Inclusion Workshops including the Safe Harbour: Respect for All workshop at a reduced cost;
- Opportunities for fundraising and partnership with AMSSA through AMSSA’s Safe Harbour diversity and inclusion online training and multifaith calendars;
- Increased visibility for your organization through:
- The membership directory on AMSSA’s website;
- Job and event postings on AMSSA’s website;
- Member achievements and recognition articles in AMSSA’s Insider e-newsletter;
- AMSSA Diversity Awards; and
- Engagement with AMSSA’s expanding social media network and online presence.
- Receive corporate benefits from office suppliers such as:
- Madill Office Supplies; and
- Momentum Conferencing;
- As well as competitive offers for:
- General Liability and Directors Liability Insurance from Metrix Professional Insurance Brokers; and
- Group Health Insurance from Delta Pacific Benefit Brokers Ltd.
Interested in becoming an AMSSA member? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a membership application package.