AMSSA’s members are at the core of what we do. We support our member agencies with information, tools and resources to help them to continue providing services to newcomers and build diverse and inclusive communities. With our members, we seek to advocate and inform policy to continue to make our society more just and equitable.
Applications for membership are open to any organization that meet the criteria under one of AMSSA’s two membership tiers.
Full Organization Membership are multicultural societies, immigrant-serving agencies and special interest groups which
- Have multicultural, immigrant or refugee services as part of their constitutional mandate;
- Provide programs/services for immigrants and/or refugees and/or promotes multiculturalism; and
- Have a commitment to AMSSA’s mission.
Full organization members are able to inform AMSSA organizational bylaw changes, vote at the Annual General Meetings, and nominate representatives to be elected onto the AMSSA Board of Directors.
The annual membership fee for Full Organization Members is based on a member agency’s budget.
Associate Members are organizations or institutions that:
- Are operating in British Columbia; and
- Are interested in advancing the purposes and supporting the activities of AMSSA
Associate members are non-voting members of AMSSA. The membership fee for Associate Members is a flat rate of $75.00 per annum.
Membership runs from April 1st to March 31st annually.
Interested in becoming an AMSSA member? Contact us at email@example.com for a membership application package.