A province-wide advisory group of AMSSA members. The IICC acts as a collective body of experienced sector representatives to provide strategic input, facilitate effective consultations as well as develop and improve professional standards in service delivery that impact the re-settlement, settlement, integration and newcomer support services sector.
- Shares information and resources; and
- Acts on issues impacting the re-settlement, settlement, integration and newcomer support services sector.
IICC’s Goals are:
- To improve services for immigrants, refugees and other newcomers to BC;
- To develop client-centred policy;
- To facilitate effective consultation;
- To advocate for necessary change;
- To conduct meaningful research; and
- To develop professional standards in service delivery to BC’s newcomers.
IICC members can access a members-only database that includes important settlement and integration sector updates, general immigration, refugee and newcomer related information, policy changes and announcements. The database provides members with funding opportunities as well as IICC meeting minutes, reports and other AMSSA documents.
IICC members receive a weekly update e-mail on Tuesdays.
To access the IICC message board, click here.