Not all newcomers arriving to BC access the services available to them. Helping newcomers and those around them become more aware that these services exist and their value is important. This webinar outlined and provided suggestions on how service providers can better work to promote their services to newcomers arriving in their community.
This webinar provided settlement staff and LINC instructors with greater knowledge of:
• The information practices of newcomers, including their use of technology in migration and settlement
• The role of community engagement in outreach
• Explore ways of finding and effectively outreaching to newcomers
• Creative outreach strategies that work, including emerging digital trends
• How to develop an outreach toolkit that includes technology such as social media & more
• How to create a digital outreach plan
To watch the video, click here.