This training offers guidance on service delivery approach and best practices. Topics include:
- Cultural impact on attitudes towards employment and career development
- Newcomers and the importance of work
- Fundamental best practices for successful referrals
- Ways to establish and maintain client trust
- Client needs assessment in the context of referrals
- The importance of building and maintaining knowledge of services in order to provide appropriate referrals
This module is the first of two companion modules that guide effective supports, service delivery and inter-agency collaboration. This topic is important to BCSIS service providers who help clients enter or stay in the workforce and achieve community attachment.
Content for this module, and it’s companion, originated with the Immigrant Employment Collaboration Project (IECP) training materials.
Time: 1.5 hours
Sign-up for the Employment-Related Supports and Inter-Agency Referrals for Immigrant Clients (Part 1) for free by clicking here.