A province-wide advisory group of AMSSA members and BC-IRCC Settlement Service representatives, the IICC oversees BC settlement programming, sector support, and ensures client needs are identified and met.
- Shares information and resources.
- Acts on issues impacting the settlement sector.
- Provides information and recommendations to AMSSA’s Board of Directors in the area of settlement and integration.
- Organizes learning and networking events for immigrant service providers and stakeholders.
IICC’s Goals are:
- To improve services for immigrants, refugees and other newcomers to BC.
- To develop client-centred policy.
- To facilitate effective consultation.
- To advocate for necessary change.
- To conduct meaningful research.
- To develop professional standards in service deliver.