AMSSA strengthens its member agencies with knowledge, resources and support in the settlement, language, and diversity sectors. AMSSA is the voice of the settlement and diversity sectors in BC.
Applications for membership are open to any organization that meet the criteria under the BC Society’s Act and one of AMSSA’s two membership tiers.
Full Organization Membership are multicultural societies, immigrant serving agencies and special interest groups which
- Have multicultural or immigrant services as part of their constitutional mandate;
- Provide programs/services for immigrants and/or promotes multiculturalism; and
- Have a commitment to AMSSA’s mission.
Full organization members are able to inform AMSSA organizational bylaw changes, vote at the Annual General Meetings, and nominate representatives to be elected onto the AMSSA Provincial Board of Directors.
The annual membership fee for Full Organization Members is based on a member agency’s budget.
Associate Members are organizations that:
- Are operating in British Columbia; and
- Are interested in advancing the purposes and supporting the activities of AMSSA
Associate members are non-voting members of AMSSA. The membership fee for Associate Members is a flat rate of $75.00 per annum.
Membership runs from April 1st to March 31st annually.
Interested in becoming an AMSSA member? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a membership application package.