Safe Harbour: Respect for All is an award-winning AMSSA diversity and inclusion training workshop for workplaces. We provide businesses, institutions and organizations with training to understand the value of diversity and inclusion, address issues of discrimination in the workplace, and attract and retain a diverse workforce and clientele.
The training is also great for individuals to start building awareness of diversity and learn important concepts.
We offer a 100% online eLearning course or in-person workshops.
- To understand the key concepts of diversity, bias, prejudice, stereotype and discrimination
- To identify dimensions of diversity that exist in society and to understand the value of diversity
- To consider the different ways in which respect is communicated by different cultural groups and apply this learning to the concept of inclusion
- To apply learning through a series of scenarios and discussion that build awareness of how exclusion can occur
- To develop ideas for fostering inclusion in workplace settings with co-workers and customers/clients
Become aware of and gain an appreciation for diversity and broaden your understanding of culture.
Acknowledge the value of diversity and consider how you may benefit from recognizing diversity and get to know your co-workers and customers/clients on a deeper level.
Develop an understanding of these concepts and consider the implications of each in work settings, e.g. how your bias or stereotypes may influence the way that you work with other people or how you perceive customers/clients.
Learn some of the many different ways people communicate respect. This can help you consider the importance of cultural sensitivity and could reduce workplace conflict.
Become aware of some of the barriers that challenge inclusion through examples. This can help you make important changes to your work to enhance inclusion.
Consider how some interactions act to exclude others, and reflect on ways to make workplaces more inclusive. Discussion questions will prompt you to apply the learning to your work.
Reflect on your learning and list the ways you can take action to make your workplace and community more welcoming to diverse populations.
It’s not about just taking the training—it’s about how you apply the training that really matters!
Contact us at email@example.com for in-person workshop pricing.
eLearning certification - $79/per participant
*Non-profit/charity discount is available. Bulk pricing available for eLearning.
For more information about in-person or the online course, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.