How to Search
There are two ways to explore the research on AMSSA’s Newcomer Children Information Exchange (ANCIE). The theme pages allow users to browse the resources by selecting a specific theme, while the search function allows users to perform a targeted search.
Browse by Theme
ANCIE has been categorized into eight themes. To browse by theme:
- Click on “Themes” in the left sidebar navigation.
- Click on a theme name to explore all of the resources pertaining to that theme.
- Results will be organized by date, with the most recent appearing at the top. Note: Web links are classified by the date they were posted to ANCIE, as the actual publication date may not be available.
ANCIE also provides a searchable database that allows users to search resources by theme, target population group, type of resource or keyword, or by a combination of these parameters.
- Select “Resources” in the left sidebar navigation.
- To select from the “Theme”, “Population Group” and/or “Resource Type” fields, click on the desired checkboxes from the lists provided. You can select one or multiple items from each list. It is also possible to leave all the checkboxes blank if you do not wish to use a filter. If you check off one “Theme” and one “Resource Type”, it will look for records that belong to the “Theme” AND “Resource Type”.
- To search by “Keyword”, type the words/letters into the space provided. This will search the “Title”, “Author” or “Summary”.
- To search by “Date”, choose a “from” and “to” range.
- When you have finished setting your parameters, click on “Search”. Results will be organized by date, with themost recent appearing at the top. NOTE: Web links are classified by the date they were posted to ANCIE, as the actual publication date may not be available.