The annual AMSSA Diversity Awards recognize member organizations, member agencies’ staff, and their volunteers for their innovative contributions to diversity and inclusion in BC.
Calls for nominations are issued in May and recipients are honoured at the Annual General Meeting held in September.
- Riasat Ali Khan Diversity Award
- Service Recognition Staff Award
- Service Recognition Volunteer Award
AMSSA’s Riasat Ali Khan Diversity Award recognizes an AMSSA member organization for innovative programming that supports diversity and promotes integration.
The Service Recognition Awards recognizes a staff member and a volunteer from member organizations for their significant contributions to further the vision and goals of the member organization they work for and also strengthen diversity in BC.
We are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2017 Diversity Awards!
Riasat Ali Khan Diversity Award: Welcome Centre, ISSofBC
Service Recognition Staff Award: Amea Wilbur, Pacific Immigrant Resources Society (PIRS)
- ASPIRE Program, Muslim Food Bank and Community Services Society
- REACH Program, Pacific Community Resources Society
- Language Program for Refugee Women, Pacific Immigrant Resources Society
- Entry to Hospitality Careers for Women, Pacific Immigrant Resources Society
- Michelle Redfern, Cowichan Intercultural Society
- Rosmary Raygada Watanabe, Immigrant and Multicultural Services Society
- Sharon Pannu, Immigrant and Multicultural Services Society
Thank you to the 2017 Diversity Award Sponsor:
Previous Award Recipients