The annual AMSSA Diversity Awards recognize member organizations, member agencies’ staff, and their volunteers for their innovative contributions to diversity and inclusion in BC.
Calls for nominations are issued in May and recipients are honoured at the Annual General Meeting held in September.
- Riasat Ali Khan Diversity Award
- Service Recognition Staff Award
- Service Recognition Volunteer Award
AMSSA’s Riasat Ali Khan Diversity Award recognizes an AMSSA member organization for innovative programming that supports diversity and promotes integration.
The Service Recognition Awards recognizes a staff member and a volunteer from member organizations for their significant contributions to further the vision and goals of the member organization they work for and also strengthen diversity in BC.
Previous Award Recipients
Diversity Awards Nominations
The AMSSA Board of Directors invites AMSSA member agencies to nominate an individual or organization for the 2016 Diversity Awards.
We at AMSSA want to celebrate and recognize the achievements of those who demonstrate creativity, innovation and ongoing dedication and commitment to diversity and inclusion in British Columbia.
AMSSA understands the importance of recognition and highlighting the people and organizations that work tirelessly to make a difference in our communities and the province. Nominating an individual or organization can:
- Inspire staff and volunteers
- Encourage and fuel creativity and innovation
- Bring provincial recognition to your organization and programs
- Highlight the achievements of the settlement and diversity and inclusion sector
This is an opportunity for your organization to showcase the talents and skills of your staff, volunteers and organization as a whole. We encourage all AMSSA members to strongly consider submitting a nomination for the AMSSA 2016 Diversity Awards.
Who Can Nominate?
All levels of staff. Please distribute the Award materials throughout your organization and display the 2016 Diversity Awards poster for your staff and volunteers to see.
The 2016 AMSSA Diversity Awards will be presented at our annual AGM, held on September 23, 2016 at the beautiful UBC Boathouse in Richmond, B.C.
The event will be attended by representatives from AMSSA member agencies and community stakeholders from across the province, as well as municipal, provincial and federal government representatives.
Award recipients will be profiled on the AMSSA website and featured in the Fall 2016 issue of Cultures West.
All award finalists will be recognized on the AMSSA website.
General Nomination Criteria
- Any full organizational or associate member of AMSSA may nominate and/or by nominated for all 3 awards.
- AMSSA Board of Directors or staff may not put forward a candidate for nomination.
- Members of the Award Selection Committee may not put forward a candidate for nomination and any committee member from a nominated organization will be exempted from the decision process.
- The nominator must secure permission from the nominee.
The Nomination deadline is May 27, 2016